THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE! PENSIONERS AND THEIR FAMILIES
(all will be pensioners someday)
A PENSIONERS MANIFESTO FOR 8 JUNE 2017
All men and women shall be entitled to dignity and security in retirement that includes:
* A state pension set above the official poverty level, at around £200 a week and linked to the triple lock of the higher of earnings, prices or 2.5%.
* Greater funding for the NHS, an end to privatisation in the health service and a national social care system funded from general taxation that is free at the point of delivery and without meanstesting.
* Maintenance of universal pensioner benefits such as free bus travel, a £500 winter fuel allowance, free prescriptions and a free TV licence for the over 75s.
* More homes that are both affordable and suitable for everyone, whilst recognising the specific barriers to downsizing that older people face.
* New legal protection for older people from all forms of elder abuse, to ensure dignity and raise standards of care.
* A Brexit deal that safeguards the payment of pensions, the EU health insurance card and the rights of those UK pensioners living abroad.
DATES for your diary
Regional Council at 11am (except August and January)
DATES AND VENUE SEE MAP BELOW.....GUESTS ALWAYS WELCOME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Unison Birmingham, 19th Floor, The Maclaren Building, Birmingham, West Midlands, B4 7LR
Next Regional Council
This was the Year 2016
This is the year that is 2017
Social Care Crisis
CLICK BUTTONS BELOW TO READ MORE ALSO PRESS ARROW ON IMAGE BELOW TO WATCH VIDEO
CLICK IMAGE FOR MORE DETAILS